Location: New Delhi, Work involves travel
Last date to apply: December 10, 2016
Partners in Change believes in affirmative action and encourages applications from women and transgender candidates, people belonging to SC/ ST and minority groups and people with disability. Partners in Change offers attractive compensation and is on the top end of similar organisations within the development sector.
Responsible for research programme development, monitoring and reporting, implementation, quality assurance and budget control of various research projects/ tasks/ engagements.
Duties and responsibilities
- Strategy development
- Provide assistance in developing strategic plan, conducting annual review of strategic plan and developing annual action plans for the respective strategic area
- Identifying new strategic and programming opportunities and developing the same for the respective strategic area/team
- Team management
- Create and manage database related to the strategic area and the team
- Assist the Team Head in managing human resource as per the HR policies and plans of the respective strategic area and team
- Build capacity of the team members based on capacity need assessment to produce quality results
- Share and contribute to the organisational learning process based on internal review and reflection processes
- Programme Management
- Develop quality standards for project/task/engagement and ensure quality of all the products and processes that fall under the purview of the strategic team/area
- Conceptualise proposals and provide critical and creative inputs for developing basic frameworks for proposals in the respective strategic team/area
- Develop scientific research and operational designs for each project/task/engagement in line with the conceptual framework
- Provide guidance to develop high quality project proposals and be responsible for timely submission
- Monitor timely execution of the projects and tasks as per the approved ToR and operational framework of various project/tasks/engagements
- Guide and monitor data collection, collation and analysis in line with the research and operational design and conceptual framework
- Provide guidance and support to produce high quality reports of the projects/tasks/engagements on time
- Effective management of the projects/tasks/engagements from the inception stage to delivery of final products including conflict management
- Manage finances respective to each project/task/engagement as per financial management plan of the organisation
- Provide effective and timely leadership to the projects in starting up, at various phases and production of quality results
- Engage in ongoing mentoring of staff/team to deliver results based on each project/task/engagement
- Recruit competent experts and consultants as per the requirement of each project/task/engagement
- Representations, communications and knowledge sharing
- Develop and implement innovations in the projects/engagements
- Institutionalise the learning by producing knowledge documents and dissemination of the same
- Network with other organisations, agencies and institutions so as to mainstream learning and approaches on relevant issues
- Build the profile of the organisation by contributing to the knowledge building process and producing high quality products
- Other responsibilities
- Undertake other responsibilities not outlined above which are appropriate, including one of support to other programmes as agreed with the line manager
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- PhD in social science with minimum 4 years experience in research studies/Masters Degree in social science with minimum 7 years of experience in research studies
- Direct experience working in the development sector (NGOs, government development programmes)
- Understanding of international development procedures and practices and commitment to international development objectives
- Good team player, able to work independently on own initiative and organise time effectively and within a range of conflicting deadlines.
- Good negotiation skills with experience of maintaining effective partnerships.
- Good financial management and budgeting skills and a flawless record of financial integrity.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and one other Indian language
- High degree of competency using computer programmes in processing data and producing reports and presentations
- Exposure to and understanding of audience research and the integration of research findings into creative outputs
- Experience interfacing with the media
- Knowledge of additional regional/ foreign languages
- Knowledge of software related to quantitative and qualitative analysis
How to apply
Email CV and a cover letter explaining ‘Why I should be considered for the position’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. The applicant is requested to clearly indicate the Position Title in the subject heading. Applications without the cover letter will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.